more information and resources, visit ScriptEase:
ISDK DevSpace online.
latest updates and extensions, visit
the ISDK Download Center.
servalot - more than what we had last time?
multiple inheritence - more than what we had
- checking on typos - add more
new svelte way-better java version
servalot demo - more on this
Linux support/version of workshop
- created SE_RELEASE_MODE for NDEBUG
- new jsemem_coookie and support options
- getponter and putpointer use real pointers
- 64bit handling
- our own regexp - unicode, etc, about 2/3 sizeof old one
- SE_RELEASE_BUILD is new, add to jseopt.h
- add SE_DEBUGPRINTF flag to jseopt.h
- add JSE_MEMDOUBLE_LIMIT to jseopt.h
- add SE_LOCK_PROTOTYPE_CACHE to jseopt.h
- add SE_FUNCTION_GLOBAL
Lower memory use - For small-memory builds,
sevars have been reduced by 1/3 and objects have been reduced
by almost 1/2. Most of the memory used by large scripts is in
sevars and objects, and so the overall reduction in memory use
is significant. For example, a 32-bit min-memory build can now
initialize the engine and all libraries in less than 10K RAM.
- qqqLow-memory recovery - When memory is extremely limited,
SE:ISDK/C 5.00e will take extreme measures (garbage collection,
dumping of pools, reducing request sizes, and trying again)
to recover. If all else fails an out-of-memory object is returned
to all exception handlers (the engine or libraries cannot abort
due to insufficient memory). The new MEMFAIL tester is included
to automate testing of out-of-memory conditions.
- qqqFaster compilation - Scripts now compile faster.
Typical scripts compile about 40% faster than in earlier releases.
- complete product, as described by the new included manual.
- NAME_KLUDGE enabled by default
- qqqDOS 16-bit - Large- and medium-memory models are
supported for the MSVC 1.52 DOS 16-bit compiler
- qqqJ2ME-MIDP - A J2ME configured for MIDP is now
This is a very robust release. All 5.00 users should upgrade to
5.00e. To receive your SE:ISDK/C 5.00e upgrades contact http://support.nombasxxx.com/
with information about platforms and version needed.